What is Doctor's Best Natural Vitamin K2 MK7 with MenaQ7®?
- Doctors Best Natural Vitamin K2 MK7 with MenaQ7® is a unique formula that supports bone health and soft tissue elasticity and supports calcium metabolism for maintenance of healthy bones.
- MenaQ7® supplies the superior form of vitamin K, vitamin K2, which is more bioavailable than other forms.
- MenaQ7® is purified from fermented chickpeas which are naturally rich in vitamin K2.
- K2 belongs to a group of vitamin K compounds called menaquinones, which show greater bioactivity when compared to K1, K2 is also absorbed more completely, remains in the body longer and delivers more benefits for bones, blood vessels and other soft tissues.
- Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Vegetarian, Vegan, Soy Free
Doctors Best Natural Vitamin K2 MK7 with MenaQ7® supports bone health and soft tissue elasticity and supports calcium metabolism for maintenance of healthy bone. It uses pure MenaQ7®, the superior form of vitamin K for optimum bioavailability. MenaQ7® is purified from fermented chickpeas which are naturally rich in vitamin K2. K2 belongs to a group of vitamin K compounds called menaquinones, which show greater bioactivity when compared to K1, the ordinary supplemental form. K2 is absorbed more completely, remains in the body longer and delivers more benefits for bones, blood vessels and other soft tissues.
How does it work?
Vitamin K, a fat-soluble vitamin, is primarily known for its role in regulating blood coagulation. Vitamin K exists in two major forms: phylloquinone and the menaquinones. Phylloquinone, designated as vitamin K1, is the major dietary form in food. Menaquinones are designated as vitamin K2 and are named MK-7, MK-8 and MK9, according to the length of structurally related molecular side chains attached to the parent molecule. Fermented foods contain substantial amounts of K2 and MK-7 is the primary menaquinone found in fermented foods. MK-7 contributes to optimum vitamin K storage in the body, and functions more effectively as a co-factor for the activation of osteocalcin which is critical for bone strength. A large-scale study on vitamin K intakes among 5,000 Dutch persons suggests that vitamin K2 may help maintain healthy blood vessels. Compared to those in the low vitamin K2/menaquinone group, subjects at the highest consumption level of vitamin K2 had substantially superior heart health. Similar associations were not seen for vitamin K1.
This product contains vitamin K. Consult your physician if using blood-thinning medications such as Coumadin/warfarin.
Do not use if you are pregnant, nursing or under the age of 18. Those taking prescription medicines, with medical conditions or specific concerns about the suitability of our products in relation to these, should always consult their healthcare practitioner prior to using these supplements. If you experience any adverse reaction from taking any product discontinue use immediately and contact your healthcare practitioner. Do not exceed the stated dose. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if the seal is compromised.
None of the above statements have been evaluated by the MHRA. By opening any of our products you acknowledge: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Ingestion of our supplements is entirely at users own risk.
All trademarks, registered trademarks and servicemarks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners.